|This article applies to:||
What we'll cover
How to configure the task settings for entity labels, classifications, and associations for an annotation project.
Navigating to the Ontology panel
- In the left sidebar click "Projects" and then click "Ontology". The Ontology panel will appear.
Adding Entity Types
- From the Ontology panel click "+ Add an entity type".
- The "Adding Entity Type" panel will pop-up.
- In the "Basic Info" section use the "Name" and "Description" text boxes to designate a name and description for the desired entity respectively.
- In the "Localization" section use the "Type" drop-down box to select either "Bounding Box" or "Keypoint" as the localization.
- If no Classification is required click "Done". If a Classification is required continue to step 6.
- To add a new Classification click "+ Add a new classification".
- The "Adding Classification panel will pop-out.
- In the "Basic Info" section designate a "Name" and "Description" for the Classification respectively.
- Use the "Type" select box to select between Single Selections, Multiple Selection, or Text Input.
- In the "Values" section select whether or not the Classification has a default value. (Note: Utilizing default value can increase task efficiency but may introduce annotator bias.)
- In the "Values" section the first Classifcation is created with the default value name "Value 1". Click "Rename" to rename this value to something appropriate for your project.
- To add additional Values click "+ Add new value" and rename the default value name to something appropriate for your project.
- Using this same process add as many values as is required for your project. When you have added all required value click "Done".
Adding Entity Type Associations
(Note: At least two Entity Types must exist before you can create an Entity Type Association)
- Click "+ Add an association" to the right or below "Entity Type Associations".
- The "Adding Entity Type Association" pop-up panel will appear.
- In the "Basic Info' section designate a Name and Description appropriate for your Entity Type Association.
- In the "Connections" section use the pull-down field to select the entity type that is the source of the association.
- In the "Target" section click "+ Add an entity type".
- Select the appropriate Target from the pull-down list for your Entity Type Association.
- Click "Done" to complete the creation of an Entity Type Association.